skip navigation

2 Pages12>
Ryan Braun: Round 3
dawgstyle
#1 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 2:27:01 PM(UTC)

All State
High Fives: 148
High Fived: 279
The hits just keep on coming.

http://espn.go.com/espn/...seball-ped-investigation
@2GuysFromWI

Brady Hoke, doing less with more since 2011.

2011 NCAA Tournament Challenge Champion
Sponsor  

icons
#2 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 5:24:19 PM(UTC)
All Conference
High Fives: 75
High Fived: 60
Fool me once shame on you; fool me twice shame on me; fool me three times....not going to happen.

Time to fess up Brauny..
db11 is my friend and his opinions are the only ones that count

Jen Bielema is trash and she should be ashamed of herself
1 user high fived
trickplayswingames on 2/16/2013(UTC)
newmen
#3 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 9:03:49 PM(UTC)

All American
High Fives: 320
High Fived: 307
I've gone back and forth on this for the past year and for the most part I really did think he was clean his entire career but I'm beginning to think that he is guilty. Either way, he was clean last season and had a monster year.
WSN's All-Time Lowest Score
Pick 'Em Champ: 2011 Cloverbelt BB, '11 State Football Playoffs
I was in Wissports Illustrated
john42
#4 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 9:59:38 PM(UTC)
All State
High Fives: 111
High Fived: 285
newmen wrote:
I've gone back and forth on this for the past year and for the most part I really did think he was clean his entire career but I'm beginning to think that he is guilty. Either way, he was clean last season and had a monster year.

The latest list was written in April. If its legit he was not clean last year.
"If I caught 756, I'd take a sharpie out of my pocket and draw on asterisk on it then hand it to Barry for free."

— Rubenonfire
1 user high fived
wlhssuperjake08
#5 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 10:17:29 PM(UTC)

All State
High Fives: 489
High Fived: 759
john42 wrote:
newmen wrote:

Why the heck would he go BACK after everything he went through last offseason?
Twitter: @wlhssuperjake08 - funny retweets and the occasional one-liner.

Trickplayswingames owes me 10 high fives when/if the system works again because the Cowboys beat the Rams.
pinggk
#6 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 10:28:52 PM(UTC)

All State
High Fives: 53
High Fived: 261
The reward for taking PEDs in sports way ouweighs the risk.
If you were right, I'd agree with you
2 users high fived
spike64 on 2/16/2013(UTC), trickplayswingames on 2/16/2013(UTC)
bhsblackhawks
#7 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 1:54:37 AM(UTC)
All Conference
High Fives: 194
High Fived: 312
wlhssuperjake08 wrote:
john42 wrote:
newmen wrote:

Why the heck would he go BACK after everything he went through last offseason?

Because the testing can't keep up with the PEDs. It seems as if it's a fluke when someone actually does test positive.
1 user high fived
khub32
#8 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 6:06:32 AM(UTC)
Junior Varsity
High Fives: 1
High Fived: 3
At this point the only people that believe him are complet brewer homers. I sure hope its not true but its really becoming a stretch. Innocent until proven guilty u guess though.
2 users high fived
wr88 on 2/16/2013(UTC), trickplayswingames on 2/16/2013(UTC)
riseagainst
#9 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 8:26:41 AM(UTC)
All Conference
High Fives: 2
High Fived: 237
Doesn't anybody remember Braun stating numerous times that he has documented just about every single workout he's had for the past 3-4 years, and those workouts have pretty much shown that he's realized very little, if any, gains in strength? He's been platued during that entire time. If that is in fact true then either (1) he failed miserably in terms of actually benefiting from PED's, or (2) he's clean.

So if it's the 1st scenario, who honestly cares if he took PED's. If he took PED's but never gained any actual benefit from them, is he really "dirty"? That just means that he could have accomplished everything in his career that he has up to this point without using....
University of Wisconsin Track and Field
1 user high fived
goat1 on 2/16/2013(UTC)
quinnster10
#10 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 8:37:53 AM(UTC)

WSN Hall of Fame
High Fives: 235
High Fived: 203
I think all sports should add this penalty in addition to the penalties they have set for PEDs: For however long an athlete denies using PEDs and then said athlete is found to have used PEDs, he/she should be suspended for that amount of time.
I asked LeBron James if he had change for a dollar, he gave me 4 quarters, picked up his 4th MVP trophy, and quietly walked away.

LeBron James = 2x NBA champion and 2x Finals MVP
john42
#11 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 8:47:52 AM(UTC)
All State
riseagainst wrote:
Doesn't anybody remember Braun stating numerous times that he has documented just about every single workout he's had for the past 3-4 years, and those workouts have pretty much shown that he's realized very little, if any, gains in strength? He's been platued during that entire time. If that is in fact true then either (1) he failed miserably in terms of actually benefiting from PED's, or (2) he's clean.

So if it's the 1st scenario, who honestly cares if he took PED's. If he took PED's but never gained any actual benefit from them, is he really "dirty"? That just means that he could have accomplished everything in his career that he has up to this point without using....

Do you honestly think if he was lying about taking PED's he wouldn't lie about gaining strength?

"If I caught 756, I'd take a sharpie out of my pocket and draw on asterisk on it then hand it to Barry for free."

— Rubenonfire
riseagainst
#12 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 9:28:26 AM(UTC)
All Conference
High Fives: 2
High Fived: 237
john42 wrote:
riseagainst wrote:

Do you honestly think if he was lying about taking PED's he wouldn't lie about gaining strength?

I was kind of implying that they could dig up his "documented" workouts as evidence... Yet, nobody seems to be bringing this up.
University of Wisconsin Track and Field
john42
#13 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 9:31:56 AM(UTC)
All State
riseagainst wrote:
john42 wrote:
riseagainst wrote:

I was kind of implying that they could dig up his "documented" workouts as evidence... Yet, nobody seems to be bringing this up.

Why would anyone bring it up when they can make this "documented" workout say whatever they want it to was my point.

— Rubenonfire
bb211
#14 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 9:36:38 AM(UTC)

WSN Hall of Fame
High Fived: 506
john42 wrote:
riseagainst wrote:
john42 wrote:
riseagainst wrote:

Why would anyone bring it up when they can make this "documented" workout say whatever they want it to was my point.

I can also write Ryan Braun's name on a piece of paper and put a check mark next to it. Doesn't necessarily mean he bought drugs from me.
You are not smarter than your favorite team's upper management, so stop trying to be.
2 users high fived
spike64 on 2/16/2013(UTC), roadkill1 on 2/16/2013(UTC)
spike64
#15 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 10:28:07 AM(UTC)

All American
High Fives: 774
High Fived: 880
john42 wrote:
newmen wrote:

I must have missed the positive midseason test....
1 user high fived
goat1 on 2/16/2013(UTC)
john42
#16 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 10:45:34 AM(UTC)
All State
spike64 wrote:
john42 wrote:
newmen wrote:

I must have missed where MLB tested blood last year. It's not like they could test for all PED's.

— Rubenonfire
john42
#17 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 10:47:02 AM(UTC)
All State
bb211 wrote:
john42 wrote:
riseagainst wrote:
john42 wrote:
riseagainst wrote:

I can also write Ryan Braun's name on a piece of paper and put a check mark next to it. Doesn't necessarily mean he bought drugs from me.

Agree. That's why I clearly stated if the list is legit...

— Rubenonfire
bb211
#18 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 10:56:39 AM(UTC)

WSN Hall of Fame
High Fived: 506
john42 wrote:
bb211 wrote:
john42 wrote:
riseagainst wrote:
john42 wrote:
riseagainst wrote:

Agree. That's why I clearly stated if the list is legit...

FWIW that wasn't an attack on you, just something I thought should be coupled with the last point you made.
You are not smarter than your favorite team's upper management, so stop trying to be.
snoopaloop
#19 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 11:14:47 AM(UTC)
All Conference
High Fives: 214
High Fived: 269
Free Braunie!
formerly the cigar
spike64
#20 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 12:31:13 PM(UTC)

All American
john42 wrote:
spike64 wrote:
john42 wrote:
newmen wrote:

I must have missed where MLB tested blood last year. It's not like they could test for all PED's.

So you're saying since they can't test for all PEDs, Braun(and all the other players, then) is on them and should be punished as if he tested positive?
john42
#21 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 12:44:24 PM(UTC)
All State
spike64 wrote:
john42 wrote:
spike64 wrote:
john42 wrote:
newmen wrote:

So you're saying since they can't test for all PEDs, Braun(and all the other players, then) is on them and should be punished as if he tested positive?

No, I said if the list is legit Braun used PED'S last year. I'm not sure what's so hard to understand about that and how you can even argue that. The list was made in April. If it was truly a list of people that were supplied steroids, it means Braun was using last year. Unless of course he was buying them for someone else which isn't all that likely.

— Rubenonfire
spike64
#22 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 1:44:19 PM(UTC)

All American
khub32 wrote:
At this point the only people that believe him are complet brewer homers. I sure hope its not true but its really becoming a stretch. Innocent until proven guilty u guess though.

And anyone who believes that the mass majority of big leaguers aren't cheating is living in a land of make believe.
2 users high fived
db11 on 2/16/2013(UTC), trickplayswingames on 2/16/2013(UTC)
roadkill1
#23 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 2:08:38 PM(UTC)

Moderator Badge: WSN Moderator
WSN Hall of Fame
High Fives: 912
High Fived: 660
Does anyone know how many times Braun was tested last season?

And.....how many times did he test positive?

RK
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--------you're right.”

Henry Ford
db11
#24 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 2:16:43 PM(UTC)

WSNxtra: Member of WSN XtraModerator Badge: WSN Moderator
WSN Hall of Fame
High Fives: 891
High Fived: 1552
Burden of proof is an interesting thing.

I assume most players are on something.

Testing positive is another matter.

Names on invoices is reasonably incriminating...but it doesn't prove anything, especially usage.

MLB has an interesting fight on their hands.

https://twitter.com/barwickipedia - Follow me...because HS football is here and we know you love score updates clogging up your Twitter feed.

"Hoosiers" is a great story, but it's far closer to lightning in a bottle than any sort of normality.
spike64
#25 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 3:33:22 PM(UTC)

All American
roadkill1 wrote:
Does anyone know how many times Braun was tested last season?

And.....how many times did he test positive?

RK

I will take my half credit and answer the second question.

Zero.
1 user high fived
roadkill1 on 2/16/2013(UTC)